Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Winner

When I woke up today, it was cold.

No, cold is an understatement. It was frigid. 
So frigid that I forgot I was a koala, and was certain that I was a lump of ice. 

There were icicles on the ceiling of the den.

I shakily got up and went to re-light the fireplace, but when I came, there was Happy and Rainy, sitting nice and warm. (Happy Jr. had left for the fall)
"Hey Berry!" Happy called. "Whats uuuuup?"
"F-freezing..." I stuttered.


"Berry," Said Rainy. "I have news, but it's not really that good. For you, that is."
He handed me a piece of paper with the headline "POETRY CONTEST WINNER!"

I had almost completely forgot about the contest!

I looked at the picture in the corner, and my heart sank.
The winner was that bear! It was my only chance, and I lost!

Here was the bear's poem, that beat mine:


Cherry Blossoms, by Bear

Rar rar rar rar rar rar roar rar rar rar rooar rar
rar rarararararrarr rar ra rar rar roar.
Rar rar rar.
Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar.


"I cannot believe I was beaten by this..." I said quietly.
"Well... It could be really meaningful in Bear's language." Rainy said, trying to comfort me.
Happy looked through a dictionary. "I don't know about that..."

Rainy shot Happy a glare. "Well... It's not really about winning, it's about having fun." Rainy said to me.

He was right, but I was still sad...

"I guess so..." I sighed. "Happy, you have a dictionary, what did Bear mean in the poem? I'm curious."

Happy flipped through some pages, then stopped abruptly. 

"What does it say?" Rainy asked.
"I-it says... 'I have Bear captured. Come to the big mushroom and bring 100,000,000 gems now.'" Happy was scared.

"There's no way..." I said, I grabbed the big book from Happy. 
Sure enough, that's what it said.

I got up, and ran out the door, towards town.



3 comments:

  1. Lol Here was the bear's poem, that beat mine:


    Cherry Blossoms, by Bear

    Rar rar rar rar rar rar roar rar rar rar rooar rar
    rar rarararararrarr rar ra rar rar roar.
    Rar rar rar.
    Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar. AWESOME! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the same from the most recent ones?

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! Berry the koala here! :D
Please post comments that are appropriate and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.
I like comments so please comment a lot! Thank you. :)