Sunday, September 30, 2012

The contest

With my poem in paw, I headed off towards the place where the contest was being held. It was a long walk, for sure, but I couldn't miss this opportunity.

I heard that this "Melusina The Rabbit" travelled all across Jamaa doing this contest and gathering the winner's poems, to be put in a book. 

I needed to win. 

When I arrived, I looked around. It was sort of like... a giant mushroom. It was empty except for an orange rabbit at an orange desk. This must be Melusina.

"Hello." She said, a bit shy. "Are you here for the poetry contest?"
"I am, are there others coming?" I asked. 
"I don't know, we'll see at 3:30."

There was silence, until a few others came. Melusina asked them "Are you here for the poetry contest?" They answered, and chatted among themselves. 
As the clock in the corner struck 3:30, there were five people there, including a bear. Heeeyy... that rhymes.
She explained that she is traveling all over, doing the contest and gathering winning poems to put in her book Poetry Across Jamaa. 

It was easy to see each of the contestants were very excited. 

We handed in our poems, and left, anticipating tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heyyo! Berry the koala here! :D
Please post comments that are appropriate and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.
I like comments so please comment a lot! Thank you. :)