Friday, August 3, 2012

Happy Jr. & the quest for Otto

"So... you're a talking rock?" 
"All rocks talk, but no non-rocks seemed to notice. So we get trampled a lot.."
"I'm sorry." I said
"Well, it don't hurt, It's just demeaning." Happy Jr. replied. "We stopped talking in language you recognize when we found that no one would listen to us. but I always remembered this language, just in case." 
"Before I wandered here," Happy said. "I was in a group called 'The Jumping Pink Elephants.'"
Despite that what Happy just said didn't relate, me and Happy Jr. listened.
"We used to jump around the village in weird costumes. Occasionally, other animals stopped and watched us, but soon enough, everyone started acting like we weren't there."
Now, this was starting to relate, but that didn't matter anymore.
"So one day, the leader decided to go out and try to find the temple of Otto, the elephant shaman. We needed to ask him stuff."
"What happened then?" Asked Happy Jr.
"Well, while the others talked to Otto, I...uhh.. I got lost in the forest and ran to the hills, where you were coincidently." Happy said. "Well, now I am reminded what my duty is as a Jumping Pink Elephant. So I must be off, goodbye!" He got up, and headed toward the door.
"Wait!" I called.
"I'd like to join you. Even though I'm not an elephant, you're my best friend. Plus, I have a map."
"Me too!" Said Happy Jr. "You were the first non-rock that acknowledged me!"
"Well, ok." Said Happy, smiling.


So I packed a little bag with my journal, and a few zucchini. Happy wrote a note to Rainy, who was still in the art studio, and we set off.





3 comments:

  1. I am tempted to go outside and wake up the neighbors.
    "HEY ROCK!"
    "Y U NO TALK?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, a talking rock! It's like in "Where the Mountain Meets the Moon" (by Grace Lin) where goldfish talk "only if people are willing to listening". -113457

    ReplyDelete

Heyyo! Berry the koala here! :D
Please post comments that are appropriate and not meant to hurt anyone's feelings.
I like comments so please comment a lot! Thank you. :)